Saturday, July 7, 2007

Asiatic - What a 2.8 bagger! And I missed it out totally!

Dear all,

Another investment learning... wished I had more patient... enjoy reading...

Earlier this year (Jan-07), I had expressed my keenest interest and promoted this 'fellow'... For details of past postings, see http://tinyurl.com/28ngzd

After this fellow went up by about 20% in the following month (Feb-07), I actually dumped it for what I thought was another 'better' play...

Needless to say, the 'better' play does not turn out that 'better' afterall...

In the meanwhile, this good fellow continued to do great things for its shareholders... besides delivering what it promised to do in its new area of business (power generation), it continues to enhance its bread and butter business (fire protection) in a slow and steady manner...

In Mar-07, it announced plans to issue more rights and I thought about it negatively then. On hindsight, I could not understand why I was negative about it... another learning...

Anyway, here is the calculation, had I sticked with it since Jan-07 (which you already knew I did'nt)... =)

Jan-07 : Bought 30 lots @ ave price $0.21 = $6,300
Mar-07 : 30 lots would entitled to 75 lots @ $1,050 (rights + warrants)
Aug-07 : If I had not sold out, the total lots = 105, ave cost price per share = $0.08 (i.e. [7350+1050] / 105 lots).

At the current price of $0.23, it is 2.8 bagger!

As always, I am still learning....

If I could quote from a book:
"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on ME!"

Have fun investing...

Warm regards,
fc
http://valueinvestmentonsgx.blogspot.com
http://tinyurl.com/28ngzd

No comments: