Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Value Investment on Singapore Stock Exchange - Invest in high dividend companies and sell out?

Value Investment on Singapore Stock Exchange - Is it a good idea to invest in high dividend companies and sell out upon receiving the dividends?

One of the blog readers asked me about the query above and I thought you might be interested in our email exchange below.

Warm regards,
Fu Chin
Value Investment Blog
www.valueinvestmentonsgx.blogspot.com

=============================

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 06:05:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Fu Chin
Subject: Re: http://valueinvestmentonsgx.blogspot.com
To: Lim Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the compliments. :)

The information you mentioned about the dividends might be found in any of the Share Investment booklet. It costs about $6 per issue. =p

I was trying to practise what you mentioned about chasing for the dividends of companies. What I experienced is that it is time consuming and the trading charges actually eat a lot into my profits from the dividends. ;-)

Also, more importantly, I think the next company I buy might just not pay good dividends the next year?

This is a good quesiton, do you mind if I share this email exchange on my blog? Of course, I will remove your email particulars...

Thanks again for your feedback and queries. :)

Warm regards,
Fu Chin
Value Investment Blog
www.valueinvestmentonsgx.blogspot.com

--- Lim Benjamin
Dear Fu Chin,

I like to read your blog about the above.

I was just wondering whether will you have any ideas about the following:

1. Top 10 highest paying dividend companies based on 2006 till now - company names, dividend yield, dividend ranking, stock price appreciation potential.

2. And whether is it a good idea to invest in these top paying dividend companies and subsequently when we receive the companies' dividend, immediately sell out the shares and go for next highest paying dividend company. Is this a good investment strategy?

Please advice. Thanks.

Regards
Benjamin

No comments: