Top 10 things to do when the market is not going according to your direction!
10. Cry out loud (1-3 times maximum) and hit myself on the chest (for 10 times maximum) for being such a fool to listen to rumours.
9. Start to make plans to recover from the mess, i.e. start making the list of who to call to borrow $$$. If need to, visit Credit Counselling Singapore at http://www.ccs.org.sg/
8. Promise myself never to bet on the stock market again. Repeat this step again for as many times as I like (no maximum).
7. Go and catch a movie that has nothing to do with the stock market, possible candidates are Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean.
6. Go for a jog in McRitchie reservoir - take in some fresh air.
5. Take the MRT train - look around and appreciate that I am already much more fortunate than many people around me.
4. Tell myself it is not the end of the world, it is just a small test that I can handle. After the ordeal, I will be a much better person and live on to tell the tales many years after.
3. Take stock of my skills, knowledge and experience - i.e. how can I help solve problem and get paid for it!
2. Go get a honest job and start earning my worth. Look into JobStreet - http://www.jobstreet.com.sg, JobsDB - http://www.jobsdb.com and ST701 - http://www.st701.com.sg
1. Draw strength from family - they still need and want me to be around, no matter how much trouble I'm in.
* - Re-look at the list above and arrange the items in an order that will help me!
Disclaimer: Completeness, accuracy and opinions based on information and comments mentioned via this website cannot be guaranteed. Investors should always conduct their own research before making investment decisions.